Yesride Tours were asking a lot of questions from our guests such as: Is it safe to travel by riding motorbikes in Vietnam? We would like to give you top reasons why travel Vietnam by motorbike. Here it is:
- Vietnam is a long, narrow country which has a beautiful coastline. So, it is quite easy to plan your trip without missing destinations and it totally depends on your schedule.
- Stop in any destinations on your way as you want, because there are many beautiful views on the trip which make you can’t go until get a nice photo.
- Traveling by motorbikes is the top trending in Vietnam now.There are many young Vietnamese make their trip by that way and called “Phuot”. Because only traveling by motorbikes can help you get into the local’s living and enjoy the peace atmosphere in small villages.
- Google maps is easily using in Vietnam because our 3G/4G Internet is very good here. It would help you to navigate on all of cities where you’d love to visit at least once.
- There are many cheap bikes on the second hand markets. The price starts at 200 USD – 600 USD so, buying and selling your motorbike won’t be a big deal or rent a bike which costs around 5 – 8 USD/ per day for a short trip.
- Fuel and bike repair shops are cheap and easy to find it.
So, Why don’t we make a ride here? but wait, What should we prepare before making the bike trips better? here is our tips
- Travel insurance: it is essential if you’re going to travel by motorbikes. However, check your policy carefully as some include and exclude cover for motorbike travel. The cost of treating serious injuries can be bankrupting for budget travelers.
- Driving license: Foreign tourists are permitted to ride the motorbikes in Vietnam with an International Driving Permit (IDP).
- Helmet: It is compulsory to wear a helmet when riding a motorbike in Vietnam, even siting on the back of motorbike. You also can easily to find the good quality helmets around 15 USD – 40 USD in anywhere.
- Speed limit: In Vietnam, you only can gear up to 40 km/h if you’re traveling in the downtown of cites and 60 km/h in outside of the cities for the motorbikes.
- Road rules: We are riding on the right side lane and only two adults can sit on a motorbike. There is one special thing that you should hoking at all intersections or corners (to watch out others) without any problems. However, don’t be surprised if you’ve seen a Vietnamese who tries to cross the red light at every intersection (Don’t do the same).
Regarding our Motorbike tours in Saigon, we recommend that guests ride on the back of our experienced drivers so that they can fully experience their surroundings. When you’re driving, you must concentrate on the road. If you’re riding on the back, you can be more aware of the locals, sights, and scenery of this wonderful country.